Service Advisor Job Overview
IService advisors are invaluable to the smooth running of a Vauxhall retailer’s operations.
You should expect to:
- Book customers' vehicles in for a service, MOT or repair, on the telephone, over email or face to face
- Advise on work required, along with any additional costs
- ‘Up-sell’ extra services you’re offering, such as service plans, vehicle health checks or accessories
- Arrange car collection and delivery, providing courtesy cars where necessary
- Invoice customers, explaining the content and breakdown and taking payments
- Advise on warranty issues
- Liaise with other departments such as the service workshop, parts and sales.
You should be:
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Well-presented and well-mannered
- Driven and motivated
- IT literate (able to use computer systems confidently)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Selling skills
- A desire to succeed in a customer-service environment
- A full UK driving licence.