Update your navigation map for your Crossland X
Instructions to update your in vehicle navigation map:
Download Process (requires an excellent internet connection)
- Use an empty USB stick with at least 32 GB memory
- Format with “FAT-32 Filesystem”
- Start the Download Process by clicking on the Download link below
- Save the Map-update file from the server on your Computer (PC) in a named folder
- Unzip the downloaded file using WinZip (recommended) into computer (PC) named folder
- Route: WinZip » Settings » WinZip Option » expanded
- Make sure, the Option “Conversion LF to CR/LF at TAR Archive” is not selected on WinZip before starting the Unzip process.
- Copy the Unzip folders onto your USB stick
- The USB stick can now be used in your vehicle for the map update
- Follow the instructions on the radio display
Important information on operation and traffic safety:
The usage of the navigation system does not release the driver from the responsibility for a correct, vigilant attitude in road traffic. Always follow the applicable traffic rules.
Drive safely at all times. Only operate the Infotainment system if the traffic conditions allow safe usage. In the interest of safety, it might be appropriate to stop the vehicle before operating the Infotainment system (e.g. for entries of addresses).
Instructions to install the navigation map into the vehicle:
A few things to remember:
Navigation is not available during update. Please be patient during the installation process.
The process to update the map takes about an hour. Ensure sufficient vehicle battery power is available during map update. You could use a planned trip driving on known roads to perform the update. Only operate the Navigation system if traffic conditions allow safe usage. In the interest of safety, it might be appropriate to stop the vehicle before operating the Navigation system.
Do not remove the USB stick until the update is completed.
- Plug the USB stick into the USB port of your vehicle - use the USB port within the radio faceplate
- Select the navigation function
- Click “Yes” to start updating the map
- Select the map update and click “Install”
- Click “Yes” to update your map
- Click “Yes” to finalise the map update
Once the update is complete the system will reboot