FULL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Vauxhall Motors Ltd, (registered in England 135767) Registered office: Chalton House, Luton Road, Chalton, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 9TT (the “Promoter”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must live in Great Britain. Residents aged 21 or over at the time of taking up the Prize.
3. Employees of Secret Escapes, Vauxhall Motors, Publicis, their affiliated companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the partnership are not eligible to enter.
4. By entering this prize draw, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
5. To enter this prize draw, participants are required to complete the prize draw entry form.
7. Incomplete, invalid, multiple, inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date will not be eligible to win.
8. If, for any reason, a technical interruption, fault for the entry form occurs, the Promotor does not take any responsibility for inability to enter or for in complete for late entries and any such entries will not be considered valid.
9. There will be ten (10) winners, who will be chosen by randomly selecting ten entries received within the prize draw period – 09:00 19.01.21 to 23:59 04.02.22 UK time.
10. The winners will be contacted on the 07.02.2022 by the Promotor using the telephone number provided on the entry form, to communicate the next steps on how to claim their prize.
PRIZE DRAW REQUIREMENTS
11. Participants agree to be contacted by the Promoter for the purposes of administering the prize draw.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which otherwise do not meet the requirements.
13. Winners agree for the Promoter to share the Winners name and contact details with Secret Escapes to administer the prize draw who may contact the Winners directly.
14. Winners grant rights to the Promoter and Secret Escapes to share/post the winners approved holiday photos and videos resulting from their prize on Vauxhall social platforms and national website – www.vauxhall.co.uk, for the purposes of highlighting the promotion.
15. a) There will be ten (10) winners each receiving a Secret Escapes Virtual Voucher to the value of five hundred (£500). The voucher can be used on all available UK based location sales on www.secretescapes.com, save for sales where a customer does not make a booking or payment on the Secret Escapes site. The virtual voucher will be valid for 1 year (12 months) from the date of issue and is subject to the winner creating a Secret Escapes account. On notification of winner, full details will be provided.
15. b) In addition but not compulsory, Vauxhall are offering the same ten (10) winners the opportunity to have the use of a Vauxhall Mokka-e or Corsa-e for a 48hr period. This is for UK only, and can be taken with a UK break or on a separate occasion at the winner’s choice. This offer will be valid for 6 (six) months from the date of the winner accepting the prize. A minimum of two weeks’ notice will be required to book the Mokka-e or Corsa-e and will be subject to availability. On notification of winner, full details will be provided.
1. The winner confirms that he or she is the holder of a current UK driving licence permitting him or her to drive motor cars on United Kingdom highways and that he or she is over the age of 21 years of age.
2. Drivers must have held a valid full licence for a minimum of 2 years. Drivers with 9 points or more on their licence or having had a major driving offence within the past 2 years will not be able to participate in this prize draw. The Drivers agrees to abide by UK Road Traffic Law at all times. In order to facilitate this the winner/driver agrees to give Vauxhall permission to view their licence details by obtaining a code from the DVLA – details will be given to the winner at the time of acceptance.
3. The driver hereby declares that they are in good health, their eyesight is of the standard required for the UK road driving test and that they are not suffering any illness or disability, which may make it unsafe for them to drive.
4. The driver accepts that they will be solely responsible for any decision as to their fitness to drive and that if at any point they are not fit to do so, then they shall cease driving immediately. The driver confirms that at no time when they are in charge of the loan car, they are not over the current UK legal limit for driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs that may affect their ability to drive.
5. The driver confirms that should they have any cause for concern as to the roadworthiness or safety of any vehicle, they will bring the matter immediately to the attention of a Vauxhall representative.
The prize can only be fulfilled once the driver supplies a copy of the front and back of their driving licence. Each driver will be required to provide approval in the form of an authorisation code to view each drivers licence with the DVLA. Details of how to obtain this will be provided at the time of prize acceptance.
1. A maximum of two drivers aged 21 years and over are permitted to drive the vehicle.
2. All driving licences must be valid for insurance purposes and up to date (i.e. correct address, points removed where they are no longer valid) and must be full not provisional.
The loan of the Vauxhall Mokka-e or Corsa-e is subject to certain loan car terms by Vauxhall. The winner must agree to these terms before taking possession of the vehicle.
1. The vehicle available for the winners of this prize draw is a Vauxhall Mokka-e or Corsa-e (subject to availability). Vauxhall reserves the right to provide an alternative electric vehicle if for any reason the Vauxhall Mokka-e or Corsa-e is not available and to terminate forthwith any drivers’ involvement in the Vauxhall car loan at any time and for any reason.
2. The car must not be taken out of the UK.
3. The vehicle may only be driven by the winner, and one further nominated driver, only for private use and not for business purposes or any form off road driving or rally/racing.
4. Upon collection of the vehicle, it will be subject to a thorough inspection. The winner will be responsible for any damage arising from his/her failure to take reasonable care.
5. The winner is responsible for any fines, congestion, parking, electric charging or other charges arising from use of the car and for any damage arising from failure to take reasonable care of the car whilst in their possession. The car is insured 3rd party legal minimum, therefore no cover for personal injury or possessions if there isn’t a 3rd party to claim against. It is the responsibility of the winners to take out additional insurance to cover this at their discretion. An accident insurance excess of £250 will be at the cost of the winner, per claim. Please note this excess is in addition to any amount payable as a result of engine damage due to neglect. Insurance does not cover personal belongings.
6. Smoking is not allowed within the vehicle.
7. The car will be delivered with up to half a full charge battery, and the winner is responsible to have the same charge on the battery when it is collected.
16. The Promotor is not responsible for lack of availability or each winners failure to book in time for the prize to be taken by this deadline. In the event that:
(a) You are unable to travel due to:
(i) contracting COVID-19;
(ii) Being required to self-isolate pursuant to government guidelines; or
(iii) Being resident in an area subject to government restrictions to combat the spread of COVID-19, out of which travel is not permitted
(b) Your chosen hotel is closed, or travel is not permitted to its vicinity due to government restrictions to combat the spread of COVID-19, the Promoter will arrange either an alternative hotel or an alternative date of stay as soon as possible after such circumstances are no longer applicable.
17. In the event of circumstances beyond our control, the Promoter is not responsible for delays in travel or hotel availability.
18. The ten (10) prizes are non-transferable, and no cash alternatives will be substituted for the prizes on offer. In the event that the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
19. Each winner must claim the prize no later than 14 days after each winner has been informed.
20. If a winner rejects or fails to claim the prize on time in accordance with clause 19, the Prize will be awarded to other entrants randomly selected at the absolute and sole discretion of the Promoter.
21. Promoter reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this Promotion.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature however caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the promoter’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
23. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the prize draw, the decision of the directors of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. All personal data collected as part of the Promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promotors privacy notice. Entrants can view a copy of such notice at www.vauxhall.co.uk/privacy.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to publish name, town and county of the winners or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the draw. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise the promoter at time of being notified that they have won.