FULL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is Vauxhall Motors Limited, Chalton House, Luton Road, Chalton, Luton, Beds, LU4 9TT (“Vauxhall”). Please do not send entries to this address.
2. Entrants must be resident in the UK aged 18 or over.
3. The competition is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary. To enter the competition (“the Promotion”) each entrant must send their story to email@example.com. The story must be no longer than 2 pages long. The story must be saved as a Word document or PDF. Only one entry per household. Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties, and any such entries will be invalid.
4. The opening date for the competition is 00:00 hrs on September 2, 2019. The closing date (“Closing Date”) for the competition will be 23:59 hrs on December, 2, 2019 and all entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
5. Vauxhall shall not be liable for any system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues or any other issue out of its reasonable control.
6. All entries are the property of the Promoter, and will not be returned.
7. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and Prize at any time without notice and liability to any entrant.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notifying the entrants.
9. There will be 3 (three) winners.
10. The prize consists of 1 (one) backpack, 1 (one) Vauxhall branded Chilly bottle, 1 (one) USB battery pack, 1 (one) 8GB USB stick, 1 (one) note pad, 1 (one) ice scraper, 1 (one) card dispenser, 1 (one) Autoglym cloth, 1 (one) Autoglym de-icer, 1 (one) Autoglym car glass polish, 1 (one) Autoglym super resin polish.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. In the case of a competition involving the judging of skill there shall be at least one judge independent of Vauxhall and any promoters, and the identity of that Judge may be given in the competition instructions. The identity of the Judges may be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Vauxhall Rewards, Vauxhall Motors, Chalton House, Luton Road, Chalton, Luton, Beds, LU4 9TT.
12. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The competition winners will be chosen on December 6, 2019
14. The winners will be notified by phone or email within 7 (seven) days of the judges’ selection taking place.
15. No cash or other alternatives to the Prize is available. The Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, and the Prize must be claimed by the person named on the official winning entry submission within 14 (fourteen) days of notification and is subject to availability.
16. Failure to claim the Prize within this period, shall lead to the Prize being forfeited and entitle the Promoter to redraw another winner without liability in accordance with the principles of Condition 10.
17. The surname and county of residence of the winners can be obtained from The Marketing Department – Vauxhall Motors, Chalton House, Luton Road, Chalton, Luton, Beds, LU4 9TT, by those persons sending a stamped addressed envelope within 2 weeks of the Closing Date.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of independent third parties involved in supplying or providing the Prize or any elements of the Prize available.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer-generated entries, or otherwise in our opinion fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize(s) of equal value should this prove necessary.
23. Employees (and their families) of Vauxhall Motors Limited, its associated companies, its Retailers and agencies, are not eligible for entry into the competition.
24. By entering the competition, all entrants confirm they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.