We’re leading the way with innovative, greener vehicles such as our electric and plug-in hybrid models. We use recycled materials and aim to decrease the amount of waste produced during manufacture and at the end of a vehicle’s life. And, at Vauxhall factories and HQ, we work hard to recycle and reduce our landfill output.
Our commitment to the environment is expressed in six key principles.
- We are committed to restoring and preserving the environment.
- We are committed to reducing waste and pollutants, conserving resources and recycling materials at every stage of the product lifecycle.
- We will actively participate in educating the public about environmental conservation.
- We will vigorously pursue the development and implementation of technologies to minimise pollutant emissions.
- We will work with all government entitles for the development of technically sound and financially responsible environmental laws and regulations.
- We will continually assess the impact of our facilities and products on the environment and the communities where we live, and operate with a goal of continuous improvement.
To read our full Environmental and Energy policy, click here.
Vauxhall UK Ltd holds IS0 14001 environmental management certificates for its manufacturing sites. We also monitor our suppliers’ compliance to ISO 14001 standards.
Our ISO 14001 systems, consistent with our Environmental Policy Statement, enable:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.