This website, email messaging, online services, advertisements and interactive applications use “cookies” for optimising our services.
What is a “cookie”?
A “cookie” is a small file, typically of letters and numbers that we send to the cookie file of the browser on the users computer’s hard disk by our web server. The main purpose of a cookie is to allow our web server to present the user with customised web pages that make the experience when visiting the Vauxhall website more personal and better respond to the user’s individual needs.
Some cookies are essential for the functionality of this website and are automatically activated when a user visits the website. Some cookies allow us to provide the user with services and functions that best suit their needs, and to tailor our service to them to ensure easy and fast operation of the website.
What kind of cookies does this website use?
Vauxhall may use three types of cookies on this website:
- Essential cookies
- Performance cookies
- Persistent cookies
Essential cookies enable users to navigate the website and use features. Without these cookies, the requested services cannot be provided
We use Essential cookies to:
- Ensure that the web page functions and the functions are executed correctly, and
- Allow us to save user selections in the Vehicle Configurator or request forms, and
- Allow us to plan the route to the nearest Retailer in the Retailer Locator.
Performance cookies collect information on how users use our website. They help us to improve the functionality of our website, see which areas are of greater interest to our customers, and to learn more about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. All this helps us to offer our users the services and functions that best meet their needs.
We use Performance cookies to:
- Create statistics on how our website is used,
- See how effective our advertising campaigns are, and
- Review non-person-related user behaviour, and thus improve our website.
So-called ‘Persistent cookies’ are stored on the user's computer or device in-between browser sessions. They are used to maintain settings or preferences and to improve the use of the website on the next visit. Some of these cookies are provided by authorised third parties.
We use ‘Persistent cookies’ to:
- Provide Vauxhall offers that we think may be of interest to our users
- To check that our services are working properly and to help you complete your journey, for example if there is a problem
- Provide our media and advertising partners with information about user visits, so that they can offer targeted ads;
- Share information with partners who offer a service on our website. The information is only shared to provide a service, product or function (e.g. colour selection function in the vehicle configurator) and is not used for other purposes.
Some ‘Persistent cookies’ are provided by authorised third-parties, but we do not allow cookies to be used for purposes other than those mentioned above.
2. Web beacons and pixels
3. Tracking and Analysis
By using re-targeting cookies, we are able to make offers more interesting for our users. Re-targeting cookies are stored on the computer or on the device of the Internet user during browser sessions. They enable advertising of Vauxhall products on partner and social media websites for users who have been interested in Vauxhall products.
The insertion of these advertisements is completely anonymous based on a cookie technology. No personal data (such as IP address or similar) will be stored, nor will any user profiles be combined with your personal data.
Furthermore, no user-related data about you will be communicated to any partner or social media website. Advertising is also completely anonymous.
5. Cookies which we use
5.1 Cookies on the site
Ad Pepper Media
Media Innovation Group
These online ad tracking cookies will show you relevant online advertising based on what you have viewed and clicked, as well as pages of our website that you have visited
Google Tag Manager
Matomo (Piwik Analytics)
Summit Media Reservation
These cookies are used to count visitors to our website and to measure how the website is used
Demdex | Adobe Audience Manager
These cookies are used to examine the use of our website for optimisation purposes
These cookies ensures that online surveys that you have already completed or refused are not displayed again.
These cookies are used to examine the use of our website to display voucher programs for certain usage patterns.
6. Enabling and disabling cookies and similar technologies
The 'Help' menu in the Internet browser's menu bar tells users:
- how to prevent the acceptance of new cookies in the browser
- how to set the browser to notify them when they receive a new cookie
- how to completely disable cookies
If all cookies are disabled then much of the functionality on vauxhall.co.uk will also be disabled e.g., Dealer locator, vehicle configurator and user-relevant offers may not be displayed correctly. To prevent this we recommend that cookies are enabled.
There are many on-line publications on cookies in case you want to read more. See for example: www.allaboutcookies.org
7. Interaction with Social Media Networks
Our web page includes links to social networks.
In order to protect your personal data while visiting our website we do not use social plugins. Instead HTML links are embedded onto the website, enabling easy sharing onto social media platforms. Embedding the link prevents a direct connection with various social media network servers when opening a page from our website. When clicking on one of the buttons, a browser window opens and directs the user to the respective service provider website on which (after having logged in) for example, the “Like” or “Share” button can be used.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data processing and further use of your personal data by the provider and their websites as well as your rights and possible settings to protect your privacy, please refer to the data protection information of the respective service provider.