VAUXHALL VEHICLE TERMS FOR LIFETIME WARRANTY
This warranty provided by the manufacturer does not adversely affect the statutory rights of the purchaser against the seller and gives remedies in addition to those against the seller under the contract of sale. Claims by the purchaser, in particular for a defect on a vehicle, against the selling Vauxhall distributor remain unaffected by the warranty.
Vauxhall Motors Limited (hereinafter called “Vauxhall”) and its successors in title, warrants for vehicles of their manufacture:
- 12 months, without limitation of mileage, from the date the vehicle is delivered to the original purchaser by the authorised distributor, as stated in the warranty booklet.
- Between 13 and 36 months with a limitation of 60,000 miles, whatever comes first.
- Beyond the limit of (a) 60,000 miles and (b) 36 months, whichever comes first for the lifetime of the vehicle to the first registered owner of the vehicle or until the new vehicle has been driven 100,000 miles, under the terms and conditions stated below.
- All derivatives of Movano, Vivaro, Combo and all car-derived vans are not eligible for Lifetime Warranty.
1. Lifetime Warranty for the first registered owner
1.1. Duration of the warranty, dependence on first owner
Vauxhall undertakes that each new motor vehicle supplied thereon by Vauxhall as original equipment will be free from defect in material or workmanship according to the state of the art under normal use and service for an unlimited time period and a maximum of 100,000 miles. The warranty is valid for the first registered owner of the vehicle who bought the vehicle at a Vauxhall Authorised Retailer.
The warranty starts with the date of delivery by the Vauxhall Retailer or date of first registration, whatever comes first.
1.2. Coverage of the Lifetime Warranty
The warranty applies to free of charge repair of the vehicle by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer, i.e. Vauxhall’s obligations under this warranty being limited to repairing or replacing at its option any parts by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer. The repair or replacement of defective parts under this undertaking will be made by the Authorised Repairer to whom the vehicle is returned, free of charge to the customer.
For the parts fitted during a repair, until expiry of the warranty mileage limitation according to Paragraph 1, the same warranty is given as for the motor vehicle, i.e. the warranty is not extended by the repair or replacement of parts even for the parts rectified or replaced. Replaced parts become the property of Vauxhall.
Lifetime Warranty cover is dependent upon confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommended servicing schedules using genuine Vauxhall parts or parts of equal quality, including oils, and that the annual reactivation checks* have been carried out.
Vauxhall reserves the right to appoint its own engineer to inspect the vehicle prior to any repair or replacement of part(s) covered.
Vauxhall at its discretion may elect to agree with the owner a value for the vehicle in case the parts and labour cost of the repair exceeds the economic value of the vehicle, or in case the parts are no longer available.
Covered components of the Lifetime warranty
The Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the following components of the vehicle:
- Engine and transmission and electronic parts of the powertrain such as ECU.
- Powertrain: drive shafts, differential gears, electronic parts of the powertrain.
- Steering: steering gear, pump, electronic parts of the steering system.
- Brake system: ABS/ESP system including hydraulic unit, brake booster, main and wheel brake cylinders, vacuum pump, brake proportioning valve.
- Fuel system: fuel pump, injection pump, electronic parts of the fuel injection systems.
- Exhaust system: turbo charger including actuator, electronic parts of the exhaust system, Lambda Sond.
- Cooling system: radiator, heater core, thermostat, water pump, radiator for the automatic transmission, cooling fan.
- Safety systems: electronic control unit for airbags and for seat-belt tensioners.
- Air-conditioning: compressor, evaporator, condenser, fan.
- Electrical equipment: electronic control units excluding navigation, lighting and radar system, but including repair by flashing new software, generator, starter, electronic parts of the ignition system, ignition wiring, central electric units, instrument cluster unit, board computer, wiper motors, heating ventilator, horn, electronic parts of the window lifters, front/ rear window heaters (excluding breakage), electronic parts of the sunroof, the central door locking and the convertible roof.
Wiring harnesses, hoses and connectors are excluded.
Furthermore, not covered are all service maintenance repairs and wear and tear parts. Excluded is the replacement of components that have failed due to wear and tear.
The warranty does not extend to the fixing of consequential damage caused by the covered components mentioned above.
1.3. Customer duties to retain warranty
The Lifetime Warranty is dependent on an annual visit of the vehicle to a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer who will activate and validate the warranty extension for another year starting from the 12 month period from registration or anniversary of registration. Activation and validation of the warranty is required every 12 months*. This can only be carried out by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer. The activation and validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date.
Annual activation and validation of the Lifetime Warranty cover is also dependent upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended servicing schedules using genuine Vauxhall parts or parts of equal quality including oils. Vauxhall may request details of this service history at any time during the warranty period.
Lifetime Warranty was offered by Vauxhall in respect of a limited number of vehicles during the period between August 2010 and January 2015. The terms shown apply only in respect of those vehicles to which the Lifetime Warranty was provided at the time – and those terms and conditions continue to apply.