Test Drive Tips
Buying a new vehicle is a major investment – so take a test drive and ensure your future vehicle meets your needs. Here’s a list of things to consider when you visit your Retailer:
- Bring both parts of your driver's licence (and for anyone else who will test-drive the car)
- Arrange your test drive in advance to avoid busy times
- Take your time to get comfortable and adjust the seat, steering column, mirrors etc.
- Be clear about the layout of the controls, including wipers, indicators and lights, before you head out on the road
- Take your MP3 player and/or CDs with you to test the car's music system
- Ask to use roads you’re familiar with, to allow you to think about the vehicle
- Make sure you cover all the road types you regularly use: ‘A’ roads, country roads etc.
- Take your family: make sure it's not just the driver who will be happy
- If you have a particular need for a vehicle, make sure you try it with that in mind
- Make sure you try everyday manoeuvres like reversing and parking
- Ensure all intended drivers can test the vehicle
- See how easy it is to find key points under the bonnet
- If the car you try isn't the exact specification you’re looking for, make sure you get an explanation of the differences.